How Technology Can Result in an Accident
Technology Causing Truck Accidents in Texas
Advanced technology has increased communication, available resources, and many other benefits in the twenty-first century. However, the ready availability of this technology to truck drivers has contributed to the increase in truck driver negligence and in trucking accidents throughout Texas. Conversely, technology also results in better record keeping and can permit better investigation of negligent actions. At the Law Office of Tyler & Peery, we strive to uncover negligent use of technology, show how it contributed to your accident, and obtain rightful compensation for this negligence.
Contact our trucking accident law firm to schedule a free initial consultation with a skilled lawyer.
How Technology May Have Caused the Truck Accident
Truck drivers have access to a vast amount of technology to ensure they are able to communicate with dispatch, such as laptops, E-mail, cell phones, and other equipment. As experienced trucking accident lawyers, we recognize that this equipment is not always used appropriately and its improper use may have contributed to your accident.
- Was the truck driver reading or typing an e-mail rather than being attentive to the road and other vehicles on the road?
- Was the truck driver talking on a cell phone?
- Was the truck driver focusing unnecessary attention to non-work-related discussions with other drivers over the CB radio?
- Was the truck driver talking on the phone or sending e-mails during time designated for sleeping, contributing to fatigue?
Uncovering Negligent Technology Use
Black boxes (Engine Control Modules), cell phones, e-mails, and other equipment leave documentation that can be used as evidence in your trucking accident lawsuit. As thorough truck accident lawyers, we meticulously investigate the technology usage and work to uncover gross negligence by the driver or trucking company. We investigate and analyze issues such as:
- GPS locations to determine positioning, timing, and speed
- Call times moments prior to the crash
- Outgoing and incoming messages prior to the accident
- Disabled Qualcomm lock-out systems enabling a driver to use the laptop while the vehicle is in motion
- Black box report of speed, engine, and governor system just prior to the crash
Aggressively Pursuing Maximum Compensation for You
Showing that a truck driver or commercial trucking company's gross negligence was the cause of your accident may result in more significant awards of compensation. As experienced attorneys, we understand how to unveil uncover gross negligence through intense early investigation of technology abuse.
Contact us to speak with a skilled Texas trucking accident lawyer. Serving San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Waco, Corpus Christi and all of Texas.