Sadly, a day of fun has the capacity to turn into a day of tragedy. When a recreational accident leads to a serious injury, people often find their lives turned upside down. If you have been hurt while boating, fishing, hunting, or four-wheeling, talk to a lawyer about your options. Your lawyer may have good ideas about protecting your rights and maximizing the compensation you are owed.
The San Antonio recreational vehicle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Tyler & Peery have been serving personal injury clients for 20 years. Our attorneys are Board-Certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, which means that they have passed a highly-selective credentialing process for handling personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Contact us online or by phone at (210) 774-6445 today to request a free and confidential case evaluation.
Types of Recreational Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
We have the capacity to handle even the most complex cases, including ones involving life-changing injuries, multiple defendants, and sophisticated legal issues. But complex cases aren't all we handle. From the largest cases to the smallest, we are equipped to meet our clients' needs.
We can assist you if you were injured or lost a loved one as a result of:
- A boating accident: There are many places in South and South-Central Texas to enjoy boating. These include the Gulf of Mexico, as well as natural waterways and man-made reservoirs. Outside of San Antonio, boating at Lakehills is popular. Outside of Austin, boaters enjoy Buchanan Lake, Horseshoe Bay, and other areas. Our firm handles accidents that occur on all of these waterways and many more.
- Fishing and hunting: Because of the equipment involved, hunting and fishing are often more dangerous than people anticipate. Our team of attorneys handles cases involving defective guns. We also represent people injured in defective hunting stands and blinds.
- An ATV or four-wheeler accident: ATV accidents can be some of the most serious because many ATV drivers are inexperienced. Some drivers fail to read proper warnings, are not fully instructed, or try complex maneuvers that are often beyond their skill levels.
How Boating Accidents Occur
With the rise of jet skis and other personal watercraft, area lakes and water recreation destinations have become more crowded and more dangerous. Every year, there are tragic tales of serious and fatal boat accidents.
Some of the most common causes of boating accidents include:
- Boating while intoxicated
- Collisions involving boats, swimmers, and boating docks
- Illegal or unsupervised operation of a boat or personal watercraft by a minor
- Minor operating a boat or personal watercraft illegally or without supervision
One of the keys to successfully seeking fair compensation in boating accidents is finding sources of insurance coverage. We can conduct an in-depth investigation in your case to uncover all those responsible for your accident, injury, or loss, and we will work hard to find any hidden insurance money available in your own policy or that of the responsible party.
ATV & Four-Wheeler Accidents
ATVs are not toys. Although they are often marketed in a way that makes them seem safe and easy to use, they are not. ATVs must be treated with care. Young children should not ride and neither should others who have never been trained to use an ATV or four-wheeler. It is inexperienced drivers who are most commonly hurt in ATV and four-wheeler accidents. Their serious injuries may include spinal cord injuries, paralysis, lost limbs, brain injuries, and more.
There are many ways that people can sustain these injuries while on ATVs or four-wheelers, including:
- Defective designs make external parts too hot and fail to protect riders from burning their arms and legs on them.
- ATVs are also designed in such a way that they can roll over in an accident. They do not offer necessary protections to keep passengers safe.
- Without the correct warnings on ATVs, people will use the vehicles in a way that puts them in serious danger.
Rhino ATV Accidents
For years, the Yamaha Corporation has continued to produce the Rhino All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) despite strong evidence supporting the hazards of this vehicle. It has long been known that the Rhino ATV has a high center of gravity, making it prone to rollovers, yet it continues to be sold with minimal modifications or any consideration for the safety of the rider.
No matter what type of product a company produces, the safety of the user must be the first priority. The Yamaha Rhino ATV is a defective product whose manufacturer refuses to take the necessary steps to make it safe. Given these circumstances, Yamaha can and should be held accountable for the injuries that result from riding the Rhino ATV.
Trust Our Legal Team to Thoroughly Investigate Your Case
The Law Offices of Tyler & Peery is a trial law firm. While most personal injury cases are settled before reaching the courtroom, we focus on trial from day one. While it is true that the majority of cases do settle before going to trial, if we do go to trial, we will be completely prepared to pursue full and fair compensation on your behalf.
This means using the latest tools and strategies that give our clients an edge. Our tools include the latest technology and expert witnesses to present a compelling argument in your case. We use high-tech video equipment, accident reconstruction software, and medical illustrations to prove to the jury how your ATV and four-wheeler injuries happened.
Talk to one of our San Antonio recreational vehicle accident attorneys today to find out how we can help you with your case; call (210) 774-6445 or submit an online contact form.