If a truck driver's negligence contributed to a severe trucking accident, the driver's employer is automatically liable. However, by proving that the truck company knowingly placed a bad driver on the road, we can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries or loss. At The Law Offices of Tyler & Peery, we have been committed to maximum client recovery since 1990.
Contact our firm for a free consultation with a skilled truck accident lawyer in San Antonio. Call (210) 774-6445 or fill out and submit an online contact form today.
Negligent Hiring Practices
In the trucking industry, profits are often prioritized over safety. Performing vital background checks and other verifications may be overlooked in the interest of getting another driver on the road. However, federal motor carriers have a duty to ensure the truck drivers placed on the road are safe and qualified.
As experienced truck accident lawyers, we carefully investigate and evaluate if the company utilized negligent hiring practices. During our investigation, we might ask:
- Did the driver have a valid CDL (commercial driver's license)?
- What were the driver's driving qualifications?
- Did the driver submit to and pass drug testing?
- Did the driver have a criminal history?
- Did the driver have a history of chemical dependency?
- Was the driver medically qualified to drive a semi-truck or other type of large truck?
- Did the driver have a poor driving record?
- What was the driver's accident history?
- Was the driver involved in other catastrophic or fatal trucking accidents?
- Did the company have a reputation for hiring bad drivers?
- Did the company routinely hire drivers with drug or alcohol abuse problems?
Board-Certified in Personal Injury by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
As experienced catastrophic injury and wrongful death lawyers, we understand the turmoil you are facing. We have exceptional investigative skills that we use to uncover any negligent hiring practices of the trucking company. We aggressively prepare and present the case to help ensure you receive the full amount of recovery you are entitled to. If you have a truck accident claim resulting from the negligent hiring practices of the truck company, we can help.
Contact us at (210) 774-6445 to speak with a skilled San Antonio truck accident lawyer. We assist clients in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Waco, Corpus Christi, and throughout Texas.