The Correct Shoes Can Help Prevent Oilfield Injuries
For those working in Texas oilfields, good physical health is an extremely valuable asset. In order to earn their paychecks, oilfield workers must be able to apply their strength and skills throughout long workdays. An oilfield injury could make it difficult or even impossible for a worker to meet the very taxing demands of the job.
In a previous post on this blog, we discussed what oilfield workers can do to help prevent injuring their hands. In this post, we go a bit lower and take a look at foot safety. Many oilfield jobs require long periods of standing or walking. A foot injury could keep a worker off the job for a prolonged period of time. Shoes are a key element of foot safety. Here are some things to know about safety footwear:
- Shoes with reinforced toecaps can help absorb the impact of heavy objects that fall on your feet.
- Treated shoes offer resistance to corrosives and chemicals.
- Shoes that have metal reinforced soles can protect your feet from being cut or punctured by sharp objects.
- It is best to use metal-free shoes when working near electricity.
- Hi-cut boots and shoes offer firm ankle support. Hi-cuts can also keep such things as chemicals and molten metals from seeping onto the wearer's feet.
As an oilfield worker, your livelihood is dependent on your body being able to withstand the rigors of your job. A foot injury could sideline you for days, weeks or even longer. If you are ever injured while on the job, it is very important that you report it as soon as possible. Workers' compensation can help offset your medical costs and time lost from work.
A Texas personal injury attorney could possibly help you maximize your compensation. The attorney could represent your interests when you file your claim. Contact us today!