If you have suffered a serious injury in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you have the right to seek damages from the negligent parties. These cases can be extremely complex and it is important to have strong representation behind you from the start. At The Law Offices of Tyler & Peery, our San Antonio motor vehicle accident lawyers have the experience, knowledge, and commitment to properly handle your case.
Call (210) 774-6445 or contact us online for a free consultation about your specific situation.
San Antonio Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics
Bexar County and San Antonio, specifically, are some of the most dangerous places for motorists in the entire state of Texas, according to statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation. In 2018, Bexar County saw 49,191 total crashes, with 660 fatalities and 777 suspected serious injuries. Of the total number of accidents in Bexar County, 42,043 occurred in San Antonio alone.
The DOT reports that, in San Antonio in 2018, there were:
- 135 fatal crashes, resulting in 139 total fatalities
- 525 suspected serious injury crashes, resulting in 608 suspected serious injuries
- 3,631 non-incapacitating crashes, resulting in 4,669 non-incapacitating injuries
- 9,191 possible injury crashes, resulting in 14,886 possible injuries
- 2,569 unknown severity crashes, with 11,907 unknown injuries
These numbers are shockingly high, even when compared with the next-highest vehicle accident cities. In total, there were 421,882 motor vehicle crashes in Texas in 2018. The total number of accidents in just San Antonio accounts for about 10% of the state-wide total.
What Type Of Crash Caused Your Injuries?
Serious car, truck, motorcycle, and tractor-trailer accidents require the guidance of an experienced attorney. Our personal injury law firm has years of experience and an impressive track record in handling motor vehicle accident cases of all types.
Our San Antonio-based motor vehicle accident attorneys can assist you with your personal injury or wrongful death claim involving:
- Car Accidents – You have a right to pursue full and fair compensation after a car crash caused by another's negligence or wrongdoing.
- Truck Accidents – Trucks often inflict catastrophic injuries. We can help you bring a strong claim for rightful compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists are always vulnerable to serious injuries. Our attorneys can help you assert your rights after an accident.
Additionally, we assist individuals who have been injured or who have lost a loved one due to:
- Aviation accidents
- Bus accidents
- Accidents with government vehicles
- Motorhome and RV accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Train accidents
We can also assist you if you were a passenger who was injured in the vehicle of a negligent driver or a passenger in another vehicle who suffered harm as the result of a careless or reckless motorist.
What Role Does Insurance Play?
Claims investigators from the other driver's insurance company or representatives from your own insurance company may contact you. Other than reporting your claim to your insurance company, you should not give them statements about the accident.
Before you accidentally give the liable insurance company a reason to fight your claim, talk with a lawyer at our firm about how to respond. Our experienced San Antonio motor vehicle accident attorneys work with physicians and other medical professionals to assess and review all the short and long-term medical aspects of your case. Our detailed understanding of Texas' automobile insurance and liability laws means that we understand the different sources of recovery available to car accident victims and their families, as well as the various theories of liability that enable those victims to collect from the parties who caused them harm.
Give us a call at (210) 774-6445 or complete the online form to arrange a no-cost consultation.